Most Amazing Incidents in the World

Breaking

no item

Sunday, December 19, 2021

This Transgender Texas Man Opened Up About His Emotional Pregnancy

 

The couple had been told that Simpson would not get pregnant by his doctors because of hormone treatments.

Wyley Simpson suffered months of "daily abuse" at the hands of strangers on the internet. 

This 28-year-old transgender man says his appearance made him the target of hate from rude strangers in public while he was pregnant.
 
The news of a pregnancy was a shock to Simpson and his partner. The couple had been told that Simpson would not get pregnant by his doctors because of hormone treatments. 

 

Simpson and his fiance, Stephan Gaeth, welcomed their son via C-section, but their story has gone viral since the Texas couple opened up about their unconventional journey to parenthood.
 
"It's not every day that someone sees a pregnant man walking down the road so we received a fair amount of abuse," Simpson revealed. "I would be told that I'll never be a man, 'men don't carry babies' and everyone called me 'it.'"
Simpson also says that sporting a baby bump "messed with my head" after years of transitioning. 

The thought of going through with a biological process that would transform his body into something he had been working so hard to distance himself from was terrifying. “I’d been transitioning for six years, and I’d have to stop taking testosterone, for one. Two, I had come to a point where I was okay with my body, and I didn’t want to regress. Pregnancy is considered a feminine thing to do. It was something I was trying to get away from.”

Simpson and Gaeth shared the incredible story of their accidental pregnancy on an episode of We TV's reality series Extreme Love, which takes an intimate look at the real-life relationships of the most unusual couples from around the globe. 'I'm probably the only transgender male that's pregnant, probably, in Texas,' Wyley explains in a teaser clip. 'How would I be treated as a transgender individual in the hospital?'

Simpson even admitted he was so "nervous" and "scared" during pregnancy that he considered putting his baby up for adoption.

However, with their son Rowan at home - and after a case of postpartum depression - Simpson and his fiance are much happier and falling into their new routines as dads.
"Once my physical bump had disappeared and I was able to take my hormones again, I felt good about everything," Simpson explained.

 

 

Despite the happy ending to their story, Simpson has already ruled out carrying another baby in the future.

“It was a great feeling to be able to carry Rowan, feeling him kick and going to baby scans, but for me as a person, it isn’t something I can continue to do,” Simpson said. "I am looking to fully transition in the future, so the likelihood of having another child naturally is unlikely."
"I don't see myself as any less of a man because of what happened, but I just do not identify in such a feminine way as to be pregnant "so it won't be happening again."

 

 

“People say kids are expensive. Besides diapers and formula, all they care about is attention and having physical experiences with their parents,” Wyley says.

There’s no doubt Rowan will have an abundance of both.

Post Top Ad

Pages